- The number one thing most fly anglers will say they wish they could do better? Distance casting.
- With its condensed overall length and short rear taper, the 40+ Series has gained a reputation over the years as one of the best lines for extending your distance casting abilities with minimal effort.
- Available in sizes 5wt to 9wt and just about every floating/sinking density you can dream up, there’s a 40+ line for every situation.
Does not include welded front loop
Tip & Front Taper: The extended front taper helps casts to land gently, even at a distance.
Belly: The 16′ belly is long enough to allow for distance casts, but not so long to require an advanced technique or significant effort to get it there.
Rear Taper: The condensed rear taper makes for quick and easy loading
- Dry flies: 9′ – 15′ monofilament or floating PolyLeader + tippet
- Streamers and heavy flies: 4′-8′ monofilament or fluorocarbon leader. Typically 4x-1x, depending on line size and fishery. PolyLeaders in floating, intermediate or sinking varieties.
Also consider for: Can also be used as an effective line for some Switch rods, or for single-hand spey casting.